Lakes Entrance Visitor Information
Welcome to Lakes Entrance
Lakes Entrance is a coastal town located on the eastern coast of Victoria, Australia. It is situated at the edge of Ninety Mile Beach, which is known for its long stretches of sand and pristine waters. The town is a popular holiday spot, attracting visitors with its natural beauty and array of recreational activities.
Things to Do
There are plenty of things to see and do in Lakes Entrance. Some popular activities include:
- Swimming, surfing, and sunbathing at the beach
- Fishing in the lakes and rivers or booking a fishing charter
- Kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and canoeing along the waterways
- Taking a scenic cruise across the lakes and into the Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park
- Exploring the local trails by foot or bicycle, including the Lakes Entrance Foreshore Walk and the Colquhoun Forest Trail
- Visiting the Griffiths Sea Shell Museum and Marine Display
- Sampling the local cuisine, including freshly caught seafood and local wines
Lakes Entrance offers a range of accommodation options to suit every budget and preference, including hotels, motels, holiday apartments, and camping sites. Some popular options include:
- The Esplanade Resort & Spa, which features an outdoor pool, spa, and stunning waterfront views
- The Bellevue on the Lakes, which offers stylish accommodations and direct access to the lakes
- The Lakes Beachfront Holiday Park, which provides cabins, campsites, and beachfront access
Lakes Entrance is located approximately 320 km east of Melbourne, and can be easily accessed by car or bus. The nearest airport is located in Bairnsdale, which is about a 30-minute drive away.
If you're looking for a relaxing and scenic getaway, Lakes Entrance is the perfect destination. With its pristine beaches, charming town, and abundance of activities, you're sure to have a memorable experience.