Lakes Entrance Local Services
Lakes Entrance ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Lakes Entrance site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Lakes Entrance Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Lakes Entrance When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Lakes Entrance Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Lakes Entrance Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Lakes Entrance ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Lakes Entrance and a Place to Meet
The lakesentrance.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Lakes Entrance
Lakes Entrance is a beautiful coastal town located in the eastern corner of Victoria, Australia. It is a popular holiday destination for families as well as backpackers.
Here are some interesting facts about Lakes Entrance:
- Lakes Entrance is known as the "Gateway to the Gippsland Lakes" because it sits at the entrance to a network of lakes that covers over 600 square kilometers.
- The town was originally inhabited by the indigenous Gunai-Kurnai people, who named it "Kalimna" which means "big water".
- Lakes Entrance is home to Australia's largest fleet of commercial fishing boats. The lakes are rich in fish, including bream, flathead, and prawns.
- In the early 1900s, Lakes Entrance was a major center for logging. Huge logs were floated down the lakes and then transported to sawmills.
- The Entrance Walk is a popular tourist attraction. It is a wooden footbridge that extends over the entrance of the Gippsland Lakes, allowing visitors to see the ocean on one side and the lakes on the other.
- Lakes Entrance has a history of shipwrecks. The most famous is the "Emu", a paddle steamer that sank in 1927. Its wreck can still be seen in the lakes today.
- The town has its own microclimate - it is often much warmer than surrounding areas due to the sheltered location and the Gulf Stream.
- Lakes Entrance is home to several beaches, including Eastern Beach and Main Beach. Main Beach is especially popular for its long stretches of sand and calm waters.
- Every March, the town hosts the Lakes Entrance Surf Fishing Comp, which attracts hundreds of anglers from around the country.
- The town is famous for its seafood, especially its locally caught prawns. Visitors can indulge in fresh seafood at several local restaurants and cafes.
Overall, Lakes Entrance is a charming town with a rich history and plenty to offer visitors. Whether you enjoy fishing, beach life, or just soaking up the atmosphere, this town is definitely worth a visit.